Tuesday, March 31, 1992
March
There's been some highly devlish activity since I received my position of lieutenant governor, the Salem area has gone into complete turmoil. Little children all over the county have been behaving very strangely in the meeting houses. It has been discovered that the source of our deplorable situations steam from the malevolent behavior of evil witches amongst us. It is my job to protect this colony from anything harmful. I let them down before. If I had not called for the removal of troops in those war ridden towns, many of our fellow Englishmen would be here today. I have to make this right for my people and my conscious. Corwin and Harthorne aren't doing enough to prosecute these horrid wretches. He lets them sit in jail while poor young girls are having fits. Mr. Putnam told me earlier that the witches have now attacked both his daughter and wife. He cannot find the reason why God has so punished his family. I wish there was some way for me to help. Every witch among us must be sent to the gallows. I will go later and see what advice Cotton Mather has to help this situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would not be so quick to judge, Mr. Stoughton. Be wary of the allocations that these girls are making. While I do understand that we must be rid of evils in our society, I do not think that it is wise to put so much stock in the words of children who do not have a place among the adults.
ReplyDeleteThe English law prohibits the testimony of young children without the corroboration of an adult. Thank you for doing my job.
ReplyDeletePlease Mr. Stoughton, protect me!
ReplyDelete