Wednesday, January 1, 1992

Waiting and Watching

 After the people ousted the man I entrusted with my political endeavors regarding the colony, I was forced to reconsider my alliances. When I first joined the cabinet of Andros, I did not particularly agree with the man's politics, however, I joined to keep more abusive officials out of office. The political malleability I have allows me to create friends and lose them at my own discretion, and makes climbing up the political ladder that much easier. When Andros was evicted in 1689 I had to fall out of the public eye, a necessary precaution in order to rebuild my public image. I am aware that I have burned bridges. They call me a traitor, but they do not know the extent in which I will lay down my life for the people of these English Colonies. In order to make it to the top I have to make enemies. My dear friend Increase Mather, one of my most trusted associates even recommended me for a new position as the Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts. He bragged that I was "a true friend to New England, and willing to make any amendment for the miscarriages of the late government”. I cannot let him down, and I must do anything to prove I am a political genius.

3 comments:

  1. And make enemies you have, May God have mercy on your soul for the things you have done. The only reason you have been able to climb the political ladder is through your alliance with the Mathers. If you were excelling in political standing by your own actions you would be honest and fair and true to God.
    G.B. ✞

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were honest and true to God, why didn't you baptize your children or earn a real pastoral degree so that ye could give out communion. Ye chose to give communion in the spectral world instead.

    ReplyDelete