Tuesday, June 30, 1992
June
June has been a busy month for me, as I continue to inform the residents of Salem as of the constant threat of witchcraft will consume the village. I have made it my duty to prosecute anyone who is accused of witchcraft in order to keep Salem a god-loving, Puritan village. I have spoken with many ministers and have argued that spectral evidence is just ground for prosecution. It is clear that no innocent persons specter would been seen or even accused, so logically if you're accused you are undoubtably guilty. More ignorant men such as Willard have challenged my views on spectral evidence, yet he seems to offer no relevant theory on what seems to plague the innocents of Salem. More recently a woman named Rebecca Nurse was acquitted by a jury who found her not guilty of witchcraft, though he specter was seen by many of the accused. I believe the jury did make a mistake in not convicting her but, I can do nothing but try harder. Next time no accused witch will walk out of my courtroom without a guilty verdict and a death sentence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What is this spectral evidence? Anyone could make up a story about being tortured by a specter! You don't know if any evidence is true! This is an unjust system and it cannot continue! Why would you listen to the words of the afflicted over mine. It is my dress that you do not approve of! i am not like the puritan girls, i am judged because i stand out from all the others. I cannot be tried in this unlawful atmosphere!
ReplyDeleteGod will not allow the devil to represent an innocent person. Your clothes are heathen like. You are not innocent and your specter thos tortures the young. Gallows hill is your home!!
DeleteWhen my trial comes to pass, I will refuse to admit guilt for I have confidence in the Lord and my innocence. Stoughton, stop killing the innocent! Spectral evidence has no grounds for anything, it can easily be faked.
ReplyDeleteThis "spectral evidence" is poppycock, especially because it was conceptualized in the minds of children who do not even know how to obey God yet. Spectral evidence is in no way to be considered grounds for executing a person.
ReplyDeleteDo you not think that our gracious god would save you from the accusations of disobedient children? I think not. You have only proven your guilt by rejecting the tortures of these young innocent children.
Delete